Wednesday 20 April 2011

MUTANT - idea blog 5

I haven't touched my Mutant project for a long while as I've been working on other subject projects. But now that's all done it's time to focus on this subject as it's due really soon!

The last time I worked on it in tutorial class last week I was having a really difficult time. As I started to composite everything together (a rough copy) it just didn't look right. It looked unrealistic. Perhaps because I hadn't adjusted the curves, saturation, contrast etc.

But as I looked at what other people in my class were doing, I felt maybe I was on the wrong track.

Lots of people were doing things with humans and changing the texture of the skin. Of course if everyone is doing that, then I would like to stand out by doing something different.

But at the end of last week's tutorial I was really unsure as to what I was doing was a good idea...

Today I tried out some different things. I didn't get very far as I kept changing my mind about whether to go ahead with this idea or not. I kept getting stuck so I did a rough sketch in Illustrator:



This is where I got up to:


The head reminds me of a lion and it's mane. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use the log as the body since the mutant will be standing on a log.

The main problem I have with my idea is that it doesn't look realistic, which is important as listed in the project brief.

I was thinking today that one of the main ways of distinguishing a mutant from a normal human or normal animal is moving the location of its facial features.

For example, the character Krumm (L) from Nickelodeon's Aaahh!!! Real Monsters television show holds his eyeballs with his hands and doesn't really have a head.


So with the mutant I've created so far I'm planning to have branches with little cone shaped acorns at the end (which I have photographed) and inside will be the eyes which the mutant uses to see. The branches will be like the mutant's tail - thus making it unique in that its eyes are near the rear of the body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home